Thursday, January 28, 2010

Iglesia Parroquial de la Santísima Trinidad


Copyright 2010 Maria Soto Robbins




I was asked, by a patron, to paint a famous tower from the city of Trinidad, Cuba. As I was doing my research, I discovered Trinidad to be a very picturesque colonial city about 200 miles from Havana. This scene shows the tower of the "Iglesia Parroquial de la Santísima Trinidad" which happens to be the largest church in the entire country, constructed in the 1800's. Trinidad in general, is dominated by moorish, neo-classical and baroque architecture. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. My impressionistic painting has gently textured impasto and shows the view of the tower with the surrounding rooftops.

Lightly damar varnished to protect it from dust.

Dimension: 8x10x.75 gallery wrap

Media: Oils

Please click here to see more about Trinidad Church, Cuba

No comments: