Friday, January 22, 2010

Practice Portraits~Patron's Comment




Although I've been selling my paintings a short time, I've had the pleasure of connecting with a number of wonderful people, via my art. One of these is a patron who appreciates my work tremendously and I appreciate him for his kind comments each time he's purchased each of my paintings (6 so far!).

I've been doing Practice Portraits and I painted him from a photo he sent me. Here is a part of his note:

"I just wanted to let you know that I received your painting and I really love it! I think you did such a fantastic job with it that I have decided to place it in my living room in a nice spot for all to see. I think you did such a great job with the colors. I really love that pink sweater that I have and I must say it came out AWESOME in the painting. You did a GREAT job on it. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to create this beautiful piece of art for me. I know you mentioned that you wanted the practice for self portraits but I really want you to know that I really am VERY appreciative your work. I really cannot thank you enough for this.

I was looking at my Avalon picture today (everyday) and wanted to tell you again that I really love that one. That piece is awesome as well. I jog on South Beach from time to time and always stop in front of the Avalon and think of my picture. I will probably do the same thing again tomorrow when I am down that way.
In any case, thank you so very much again Maria. Your art has been such a great addition to my home, life, and well being and I thank you for it!"




Isn't he great? :)




No comments: