Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Marina Petro~Artist Profile

Marina Petro

Marina Petro starts her latest blog post in a somber mood. "I've learned that my beloved master (painting) teacher, Tom Vincent,  has taken a significant turn for the worse and can no longer communicate. He is in the stages of dying at a small nursing facility."  He tells her in a whisper, "when you begin each painting, intend it to be a masterpiece." I told him I would always hear his voice telling me..."Be patient...be very very careful.."  Good advice for any artist.
Angel's Garden
Marina's art is masterful and full of feeling.  I particularly love her collection of angels. She has dancing angels, ascending angels, lost angels, celestial and magical angels, garden angels and even angels of strength and courage. All mystical and emotive.
Celestial Skyscape


She states that although she had Mr. Vincent as a teacher recently,  she's mostly a "self-taught artist, clairvoyant, and present workshops in Intuitive Painting (Painting From "The Zone") and Intuitive Development. My artwork has been used to illustrate magazine articles, CD covers, wine collections, and featured in a variety of publications and national magazines. My paintings and prints are in private collections all over the world. I feel that art enables us to glimpse and experience Divine Manifestation. The "Great Creator" continuing the spirit of creation through the world's artists."
Angel of Strength and Courage
I totally agree, Marina. 

No comments: