Thursday, February 17, 2011

Guardian Angel


I had a special request for this little guardian angel. My friend, and collector, explained that her daughter had surgery when she was only six months old and that the baby's godmother sent her a blessed card with an angel to guard over her. She taped this card over her crib as she recovered and now that her daughter is 31, she still carries this angel card in her wallet. What a beautiful keepsake!
 
Now, the godmother is very ill and my friend, contacted me to paint a guardian angel for her friend. I was flattered that she would ask me and what a touching way for her to repay the godmother's kindness to her own daughter!

Although I had never painted an angel before, I couldn't resist particularly after she ended her request by telling me, "I can't think of a better person to ask because your paintings come from your heart."    

No comments: