Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Painting for January

Cuban Coffee, Lime and Creamer Copyright 2012 Maria Soto Robbins
Happy New Year!  
  
"The days are long but the years are short." I love this quote from Gretchen Rubin and her Happiness Project, because it's so true!  

Two thousand eleven came and went in a blur as did Christmas. Nevertheless, I hope the holiday season was a happy one for you.  Although I was sick with the flu during Christmas, I spent quality time with my family and had a much needed break to rest and recuperate.  

 To start out 2012, I'd like to share this piece I've just completed.  This series of Cuban Coffee paintings are definitely my most requested pieces.  I love the comments I get from collectors telling me about the pleasant memories this subject brings to mind.  Erin purchased one of these and recently wrote telling me:

"I want to let you know how excited I was when I found this piece! My boyfriend saw the image when he was doing an image search titled "Cuba". An image of this piece came up and he really admired it. His family is from Cuba and he does enjoy a cafecito every morning. I just want you to know that this was a much enjoyed birthday gift!!!" 

 Please check out Cuban Coffee, Lime and Creamer in my etsy shop here.  


Cariños,
Maria



  

No comments: