Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Cake


Each time I see a painting by Oriana Kacicek, I ask myself how did she manage to capture such beautiful realism? Realism being something I so admire in an artist's style. It looks like it would be easy, right? Well, it isn't.

A professional ballet dancer, Oriana danced with the Farrell Ballet at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. She's traveled extensively and has spent a lot of time studying the great masters. She says in her blog:


"For me, making a painting a day is a discipline equal to taking a ballet class every day. I've discovered that all art forms are fundamentally the same; they are about revealing truth and beauty, demand the utmost in time and attention, and must be grounded in good technique. I aspire to create paintings that are full of joy, color and light. "

And I think she succeeds! Check out Oriana's blog here for more great paintings.

Enjoy your day!


CariƱos,
Maria Soto Robbins
http://www.artbymsr.etsy.com