Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Orange Zinnia Oil Painting


Copyright 2009 Maria Soto Robbins


This oil painting depicts one of my favorite flowers, the Zinnia, in vibrant, orange tones with the flowering head in a thick, rich impasto.

According to Living Arts Originals.com "the flower symbolism associated with zinnias are thoughts of absent friends, lasting affection, constancy, goodness and daily remembrance. Zinnias are the state flower of Indiana. The original zinnias were found in the early 1500s in the wilds of Mexico. They were so dull and unattractive that the Aztec name for them meant "eyesore." The common name, garden Cinderella, indicates the level of the zinnia's later transformation."

Dimension: 12x16 canvas panel
Media: Oil

Please click here for more information about Orange Zinnia Original Oil Painting
Maria Soto Robbins
Miami, Florida

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Claudia
http://paintingdrawing.net