Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fill me up, Buttercup!


Copyright 2010 Maria Soto Robbins


I have yellow buttercups that have sprouted all over my yard, thanks to my "papi" who brought some from his yard, to share. It's much like a weed but lovelier! It flowers year round in south Florida and it's a totally maintenance-free plant. Just my type! Now that he's gone, I think of him, when I see them bloom.

This impressionistic oil painting has gently textured impasto and looks very cute on an easel! Would make a special gift for the "Buttercup" in your life!

ACEO stands for Art Card Edition Original, miniature original paintings or prints, a mere 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches in size. They are affordable works of art that can be framed, kept in albums, in your wallet, used as a bookmark, or anywhere you like! ACEO's are a wonderful way to build a collection of art miniatures from a wide range of artists at a fraction of the price of a large-scale original.
Dimension: 2.5x3.5 masonite panel
Media: Oils
Click here to see my Buttercup Oil Painting ACEO

No comments: