Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gwen Bell

As you may recall, from a previous post, every Wednesday I will try to profile another artist that I've encountered either on Daily Painters International Art Gallery or elsewhere on the web. It's just one way for me to share with you some of the talented  artists that I've encountered.

Gwen Bell is another one of these artists that I admire and first discovered on EBSQ Self-Representing Artists. Her still lifes are my favorite. She has such colorful paintings with every day objects but makes them so interesting by the patterns on the tablecloths, the bright color combinations, and she captures the light and shadow in very interesting ways. I really love her approach with these.

The profile found on her blog says that "I was a Freelance Commercial Artist for 15 years, then a Muralist for 10 and now I want to spread my wings and try painting for ME. I have such admiration for all you artists out there who consistently paint on a daily basis. You are an inspiration! I can see it is going to take a lot of discipline, which I don't have, but I will make my best effort because I believe in the process and that it will help me grow as an artist."



Check out her blog here!

No comments: