Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Artist Profile~Ann Reyes

Ann Phifer Reyes
This week my artist profile is another lady I have admired for some time. Ann Reyes, a Texas resident and  Daily Painters International Art Gallery member is a full time artist, who paints every day. I so admire her painting skills. Particularly with landscapes because that is what I'm focusing on lately, I guess.  And I see that she has a wonderful ability to paint atmosphere and shadows in a way that I'd like to be able to do. 


Besides small daily paintings, she also does murals, large landscapes, figurative works, and commissioned portraits. Her paintings are in private and corporate collections across the country and is represented by Harris Gallery in Houston. She also teaches part time in a local college.



"I want people to not only see what I see, but feel what I feel when I paint a subject.  My purpose is not to see how accurately I can depict a landscape or a figure, but how much I can draw the viewer into my painting so they see and feel what I saw and felt."



Visit her web site for a wonderful selection of Ann's vision on canvas.

No comments: