Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Artist Profile~Elizabeth Blaylock

Elizabeth Blaylock

Elizabeth Blaylock will paint anything that gives her the opportunity to play with color and shapes! She's been doing it most of her life and it's apparent that she's having fun. She is great! I particularly like her seaside paintings and admire her deft use of light and values.

She says:
After college I lived, painted and studied in New Orleans. Currently I live in beautiful Gulf Shores, Alabama with my husband Ed. I love painting figures, still lifes, beach scenes, or just about anything else that gives me the opportunity to play with color and shapes. My goal in painting is to have fun creating a visual feast for you to enjoy, all to the glory of God.

Seagulls in the Surf

Oil Painting of Woman Soaking up the Sun

I love the overall serene and bright feel of this painting and the lovely light and shadows. 


Orange and Yellow Striped Catamaran
I've been struggling with waves in my latest Miami Beach painting and really admire how she handled them here.

Siblings at the Seaside

She makes it look easy, doesn't she? Believe me, it's not! Besides landscapes, Elizabeth specializes in still lifes. Check out this incredibly talented artist's web site here.







1 comment:

Audrey said...

Gorgeous! I love the seagulls! and I am with you...I want to be that woman on the beach!