Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tres Leches-Simplest Recipe Ever!

The TikiTiki blog had a delicious and simple recipe for one of my favorite desserts ever, Tres Leches. Even though Laura Feo-Fernandez simplifies the traditional recipe a lot, I went a step further since I was pressed for time, and made it with the Entenmann's ready made (and always delicious) pound cake.
Here are the ingredients that I used, everything that Laura mentions except the white cake batter in a box (again, I used the ready made pound cake):


First step is to slice lengthwise each of the Entenmann's pound cake in two pieces. You should have 4 total pieces. You will have one piece left-over since we will use only 3 pieces.


Place each of the 3 pices in a 9x13 inch glass dish.


Prick the cake throughout with a fork.


Take the 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk, 12 oz. of evaporated milk, 8 oz. of cream, 2 tablespoons of rum (or vainilla) and wisk by hand.


Pour over your holey pound cake.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I know, you WILL want to try it right away, but trust me, it'll taste even better after it's refrigerated.


I garnished it with some fruit and everyone absolutely loved it!

Enjoy & Buen provecho!



1 comment: