Monday, March 21, 2011

Help Japan Auction



The subject for the DailyPaintingChallenge for this week is Help for Japan. Artist, Keiko Tanabe, who was born there, explains the challenge this way: 


"I am pleased to host the Help Japan Challenge especially because it is dedicated for us artists to raise money to help those who were affected by the recent disasters in Japan.

As a fund-raiser, this is a bit different from our usual Challenges. There's no specific set-up or instructions. I have chosen "home" as a theme. All I ask you is to paint whatever comes to your mind when you think of your home."



My contribution is Royal Poinciana Lake oil painting. I completed this work some time back and for me, it "brings to mind" my  idyllic memory of my homeland. I added a lovely blue sky, peaceful lake and my favorite tree, the royal poinciana!

100% proceeds for this painting will be donated to to the American Red Cross for relief efforts for "Help For Japan". 
There is currently one bid.  Please check it out here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your painting is beautiful and reflects the beauty of your soul. I pray everyday for the country of Japan and the people left behind who are suffering and trying so desperately to survive such a horrific trajedy. Thank you so much Maria for donating your painting...you are such a kind and beautiful person.

Karen
http://www.jmjcreations.etsy.com

Maria Soto Robbins said...

Thank YOU, Karen! {{Hugs}}

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I love that you are donating to Japan!